Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Backseat Driver


I have a backseat driver on my hands. She'll keep me in line I guess, no? Background info is that Dylan lately is a climber. And I feel like I'm telling her quite frequently, "Be Careful, you don't want to get hurt." She gets the concept and will say "caywful. hurt." herself when she is climbing into a situation that she thinks is potentially dangerous. It's quite helpful in knowing when I need to give her a hand.

Anyways, I was driving this week on the highway and we were only going about 30mph. The car in front of me stopped suddenly and I had to mildly slam on the brakes. I think I might have said, "Oh!" or something like that. Dylan pipes up from the backseat..."Careful! Car! Hurt!" I was cracking up. I think I said, "Yes Dylan, mommy needs to be careful so I don't hit that car, huh? We don't want to get hurt."

Then the next day I was pulling into the midwife's office and I slightly ran over the curb. (I'm sounding like a semi-crazy driver here...promise, I'm safe) Again, I hear a little pipsqueak voice..."Careful! Car! Hurt!" Ok little girl, I get it. Sooooorrrrryyyy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just the start of many backseat driving comments, I promise (if she is somewhat like her mother!).