Saturday, July 08, 2006

Zoo friends


one of the many full-faced smiles we saw that day.

I don't know how it happened. I don't really like zoos. In fact, I've always thought going to look at animals in cages was pretty boring. But we checked out the Fort Wayne Childrens Zoo when we were in The Wayne for my cousin's wedding and I don't know if it was Dylan's enthusiasm (and that is putting it mildly) or the fact my whole family was there having a blast together, but I loved that zoo! It was incredibly fun and one of my favorite days in a long time. Dylan is an animal lover at heart and she couldn't get enough of the experience. We went on a safari ride where we saw giraffes, zebras, gazelles, an ostrich, and wildabeest! It was really, really cool, and I totally remembered riding in those zebra-striped safari cars as a little kid when our Aunt Jeanie would take me, Lara and my cousins Claire and Jonathan to this zoo. The cars were the same...just a lot smaller than I remembered! And I remember thinking the steering wheel actually controlled the car...such innocence.

1 comments:

Lara on 8:26 PM said...

Yeah! Glad to see you have more for us to read. This is a really cute picture of her.