Thursday, July 20, 2006

Dylan's new best bud


We all new that cousins were special. And when my sis Lara and I had little girls 3 months apart, we thought it was pretty cool. But no one knew how fast they'd become buddies! Dylan and I just spent 4 days down in Champaign with my parents and Lara and Anya. It was so fun to watch the two little girls start to actually semi-play together! We had to do a little mediating, but mostly it was just good fun. We didn't realize Anya liked Dylan so much, until we were leaving. They all came outside to see us pull out of the driveway (Anya has a need recently to see exactly where people are going), and Anya started crying as we were leaving. She totally got it, and was SO sad! It was the most touching thing. And then when they went inside, I later learned she was still crying pretty hard and they asked her, Do you want Grandma? "NO!" Then, Do you want Grandpa? "NO!" And, Do you want Mommy? "NO!" Last, Do you want Dylan? "YES!"

Unbelievable. They are little humans!

3 comments:

Steve on 10:43 AM said...

Please move to Fort Collins. Please?

Anonymous said...

I agree, move to Fort Collins so Steve and Lara don't leave!

Anonymous said...

I know how Anya feels, too...everytime one of my children, sons-in-laws, or grandchildren drive away! Aren't they so cute together? Am I the oldest person ever on a blog?