Wednesday, August 09, 2006

journey out east


Now is when I ask all you mothers and fathers for your advice. Traveling with youngsters. We embark on a 12 hour car trip to Souderton, PA this afternoon (broken up nicely in half with a stop at a motel with a pool in Youngstown, OH tonight). We are visiting college friends Matt and Emily Rittenhouse for almost a week, and I am having a girls weekend thrown in there with three other girlfriends from college too. I am slightly worried about a screaming one year old in the backseat with my whole back of tricks exhausted within the first hour. I wish she was old enough that we could all listen to a family book on CD, or I could give her a fun new coloring book and crayons and she'd be thrilled, but most likely she'd suck on the crayons and then just throw them on the floor. SO...any advice for entertaining a one year old on a long car ride? Anything you have for me will be much appreciated.

Here's what I'm planning so far:
lots of snacks to pass back
books to read from the front seat
good kids CDs to sing along to
a few favorite toys that might last 30 seconds each
????? I'm drawing a blank...

Write back soon if you read this and I'll be anxiously awaiting your help.

2 comments:

Lara on 2:31 PM said...

I did actually think of an idea after you had already left, but I'll still write it now. Something I have been thinking about doing a lot lately, but still haven't gotten around to is to put some more pictures into an album for Anya to look at. It doesn't really matter what they are, just random ones I have around. But I thought that since Dylan loved looking at the book I made her that maybe just having another book where you could change out the pictures periodically would entertain her for a while.

Lara on 10:27 PM said...

New post, new, post, new post!!! We want one!!! We need more pictures of Dylan! PLEASE!!! We miss you like crazy.