Thursday, September 07, 2006

Caroline!


Cayowhine! Cayowhine! That's what Dylan yells when Caroline goes out of the room and she can't see her. I just started babysitting yesterday for our downstairs neighbor and good friends Carson and Christy. Their daughter, Caroline just turned one and so she's 4 1/2 months younger than Dylan. They are becoming fast friends/sisters as they play together during the day WAY more than they are used to seeing another little peanut. They seem to be having a good time, and I know it's way more interesting than hanging out with boring mom all day long alone.

We were playing in Dylan's room and Caroline ran out of the room. I called out, "Caroline! Caroline, where are you?" in a playful tone. Dylan repeated me calling out pretty loud, "Cayowhine! Cayowhine!" It is hilarious and now whenever I call out her name, Dylan will repeat me, like she's the big sis helping out.

Right now they are both sleeping and it's awesome that they are doing that at the same time so I can relax for a bit. It's a lot MORE work and a lot LESS work watching two. It's less work cause they sort of play together, or at least are entertained by one another. It's more work cause you have to change 2 diapers, feed 2 mouths, keep 4 hands out of the garbage can, stop 2 little bodies from climbing up the toychest, etc. Ohhh...I hear one waking up now. The rest is over. Caroline and Dylan pics and more stories I'm sure are to come.

1 comments:

Sara on 11:48 AM said...

Hi Hilary. I really enjoy reading your posts. Dylan seems to be growing into quite the little girl. Wish we weren't so far away so we could see you all in person. Keep posting.

Sara