Monday, September 18, 2006

O. K.!


Today I noticed how much influence I have over this little being living with us, watching our every move, and eagerly imitating us. About 2 weeks ago, Dylan started responding to "yes" questions by saying, "O.K!" Now, it's really hard to share this hilarious emphasis in writing, but just believe me. She draws it out real long and has such passion behind it without yelling. I can only call it spirited. I wondered where she got this response from, until I noticed myself responding to her wants and needs by saying, "OK! We'll play with crayons." or "OK! We'll get you some cheese." I was using this same spirited OK to her and she had began to mimic it perfectly. It still (even after 2 weeks) cracks me up every time I hear it. Immediate smiles on my face and probably a giggle or two encourage her I'm sure.

Then today at lunch (Dylan and I are spending the day in Champaign with Gma and Gpa Breeze), she was eating some delicious baked beans and she started saying, "Nummm, so Good!" Her first 3 word sentence! Then I realized, hey wait a minute, I say that all the time when I'm trying to convince her how delicious something is so she will taste it. "Dylan, YUM! It's SO good!" How cool...what else should I teach her to say?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's adorable!

Sara on 11:56 PM said...

I think you should teach her to say "That's flippin' sweet!"

:)
s