Friday, January 26, 2007

Still waiting...


Dylan was 2 weeks early to the day. We went into labor at 37 weeks + 6 days and she was born on the morning I would have been 38 weeks. For this baby, that day was yesterday. And it has come and gone! For someone who has already visited labor and delivery twice during the end of this pregnancy for complications and false labor, you would have thought I'd go even earlier with this little guy. Apparently not the case. Maybe he's just already a mamma's boy and doesn't want to leave the warm comforts of the womb. Me, I sort of am ready for him to meet the world, meet his parents and meet his charming older sister. And I'm really ready to not be pregnant anymore. So, let's go little boy...we are anxious for you!

I know, every child, every pregnancy is different. I'm being told that by many moms with more than one kid. But you hear all the typicals. You hear that the second one you usually have earlier. You hear the second one is a faster labor. And I've even heard the second is usually an "easier" baby. Not to be negative, but I'm pretty sure this one will be later, longer and harder as a baby. It's just that we were sort of spoiled with Dylan. She did come conveniently early (not early enough to be scary, but early enough that we were never REALLY waiting and waiting), my labor with her was very fast, and she was a pretty "easy" baby. What are we in store for?

Anyhow, I can't wait to meet you little boy. It's really hard on my need for control to just let you come when you are ready. We could see you tonight, tomorrow or in 2 weeks! Who knows....only you and God. In the meantime, you are in my prayers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're still waiting, too!!! I can't wait to get some news.