Thursday, May 01, 2008

screw the terrible twos


It's been a long time. And i apologize for the lack of posts.


Dylan is now officially three years old. Hard to believe it. But yet, not so hard to believe if I look at how our daily whine factor, defiant factor and just plain frustration factor has gone WAY up. My sweet little cuddle bug can be quite the hair pulling button pusher.

Some days (like today) it just seems as though she got up on the wrong side of the bed. Is that possible for kids? I thought only adults had bad moods where everything just seems to go wrong.

Dylan is officially 32 lbs, 37.5 inches tall. She is right on schedule for all development and did really great in her 3-year old appt where she had to get a finger prick for a lead test. "I am worried about the prick..." But then she didn't even feel it - and enjoyed a pink Pez post-prick.

She really is a wonderful, sweet, caring little girl. Her personality and sense of humor evolve more each day and I am amazed at what she is able to figure out on her own these days. She is becoming more and more independent and sometimes it crushes me how fast she is growing up. Our favorite way to get her to eat vegetables, drink milk, etc. is to say, "Don't drink the milk. I don't want you to grow up anymore. I want you stay little forever!!" And then of course she is cracking up and yelling "I will grow up! I'm going to!!" And she drinks and drinks and drinks and it's happiness for all.

Here are a few of her current faves:

Favorite toys: people - as in fisher price little people to make up stories with, magna-doodle, any art supplies (especially markers)

Favorite music: Ralph's World, Sesame Street songs

Favorite thing to watch: Super Why on PBS

Favorite place on earth: the hot tub at "grandma cindy's cabin"

Favorite drink: chocolate milk

Favorite dinner: Thai noodles (pad thai) with peanut sauce

Favorite dessert: tie between popsicles or ice cream

Favorite color: pink most often, but depends on the day

Favorite obsession: ballet, ballerinas, dancing, tutus, anything FANCY

Favorite book (see above): Fancy Nancy

Favorite lastest quote: "Ooh-lah-lah, my family is posh!" (yeah, see favorite book...)

What a girl!

3 comments:

Sara on 1:11 PM said...

Hilary,
I can hardly believe Dylan is 3. I still remember coming over to see her before I left Chicago for Montana. Only a few days old, I believe. It doesn't feel like I've been out here for 3 years! It sounds like Dylan is growing into a lovely young lady :) I often wish we were closer. We'll be in the area after Labor Day this year. Maybe we can work something out to meet up.

Anonymous said...

great post. we've missed you in the blogging world. i loved the list of favorites. i think i'll have to do the same thing for anya soon.

Anonymous said...

Love the post, Hil! I remember reading Fancy Nancy about 6 times when we were out in March! :)