Thursday, September 11, 2008

NOW.


I can be a bit spontaneous sometimes. Not in the buy a ticket to Europe on a whim kind of way, but in the I've made up my mind in the last 20 seconds about this and I need to do it...NOW. Call it a craving for instant gratification.

This is why I never spend less than $100 when I go to Target. Why I buy three bags of Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins at Walgreens on August 29th. And why I never make advance appointments for haircuts. I delay, put off, don't think about it...and then when I want it...I want it now.

I am this way with my own hair, and now my children's hair. So Dylan has a new haircut...this was after I asked my sister on the phone (about 20 minutes before the scissors were cutting off the first lock) - do you think I should cut Dylan's hair? Then I proceeded to convince myself that it should be done (while not really giving you a chance to say your opinion much...sorry Lara). And then I drove straight to a hair salon in Hyde Park and called them like a stalker from outside the salon, reading their phone number off the front door. No appointments. Drive to next salon, call them... Me:When do you have any appointments in the now-ish future? Them: How about 4:00 (it was 3:15). Me: How about now? Them: Ok, come on in.

And so Miss Rita cut her hair, did a marvelous job and I love it. Even though when I paid on the way out...they said "How old is HE?" hmmmm...and I never thought I'd be "that mom" who cut their daughter's hair boy-short. C'est la vie.

Oh yeah, and I bribed her with a lollipop. No shame.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute! and SHE totally does NOT look like a boy.

Anonymous said...

Dylan is adorable and I second what Lara said!

Sara on 9:45 PM said...

Adorable . . . and if it makes you feel any better, people thought I was a boy when I was little because I always had short hair.