Wednesday, September 17, 2008

when i grow up...


I want to be a firefighter.

Or so we pretended today. My friend Megan set up a visit to the Evergreen Park Firehouse this afternoon for our playgroup. What a blast the kiddos had - and us adults learned a thing or too as well.

Here are a few highlights:

Ruby (Megan's daughter) and Noah sitting in the classroom at the firehouse, listening to Fireman Ed.


Noah gets his first look at all the fire trucks.


The overall highlight of Noah's visit. The dress-up. Here he casually turns for a candid.


This is the picture I was really hoping for when I saw those dress-up firefighter outfits laying there on the floor. Wow, this is one happy-photographer-who-likes-posey-pictures moment.


Noah did NOT want to take the firefighter outfit off. This is to show how thrilled he was with the whole thing - even that hot sticky smelly mask (and I didn't tell you it was 85degrees and humid out during all of this...)


Fireman Ed lets the kids see inside a Firefighter's Ambulance. Wow...


Now for Dylan's highlight: sitting in the firefighter's recliners watching their gigantic TV. Seriously - see how everyone else is standing up - note my two sloths making a home in the easy chairs. Fireman Ed tells about how this is their favorite room...my kids concur.

We also got to go inside a fire engine. Learning moment: Fire engines are the trucks that carry the hoses. Fire trucks are the ones with the ladders (no hoses). Thanks Fireman Ed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome post and fantastic pictures. love noah's shirt - target, right? i totally wanted to get it for evan, but refrained. yes, i'm a dork. glad you had such a fun trip.

Sara on 6:11 PM said...

This is so awesome! I love the dress-up posed pics. The pic of Dylan in the chair is pretty sweet too, arms up, totally chillaxin' :)

Sara on 2:35 PM said...

I learned something new. I had no idea there was a technical difference between a fire truck and a fire engine. Thanks for the fire station education. I love that your kids made themselves at home in the comfy chairs. :)

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have gone. The kids look like they are having such fun. Thanks for including so many pictures.

mhilly on 8:24 PM said...

Um, where was I when we learned about the difference between fire trucks and fire engines? Geez, I need to start paying attention...
Oh, and I could EAT NOAH UP in that fire fighter get-up with that silly grin!