Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good clean fun


If you have a front-loading washer, and ever want a really exciting activity to do with your children that also gets things clean, try washing stuffed animals! I am ashamed to say I have not washed their stuffed animals...umm....ever (unless one got peed on or thrown up on or something of course).

So, a week or two ago, we went around the house and chose some friends to throw into the washing machine. What fun that was - Dylan would have thrown in our whole house if I let her.

Here is the fun in action - they stayed here for so long I had to peel them away to eat dinner. They could see them going ROUND and ROUND and getting SUDSY!


Simple pleasures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're ashamed? it has never even occurred to me to wash our stuffed animals. of course, i do remember doing this ritual growing up. but i also have not so fond memories of favorite friends not being the same out of the wash.

now i feel dirty.

Katie on 5:34 PM said...

this kind of makes me wish our wasther wasn't in the basement - i could get so much done with the washing machine entertaining danielle!