Monday, March 09, 2009

Preschool Part One


Dylan is almost four, and she is very ready for preschool. A year or so ago, I tossed around the idea (in my head mostly...and checked out a few library books) of homeschooling. Not for long term, but for a couple of years possibly - especially if we were in the city when she starts kindergarten. Don't get me wrong - that still might happen - and so I'm not ruling out homeschooling completely. But, I'm beginning to see how interested Dylan is in school. She loves her art and ballet classes, loves Sunday School. She loves following directions (even mine - so other adult's are even more desirable). She asks me sometimes why she doesn't go to preschool. And while I don't regret one second for keeping her out of school this year, I think it's time for her to start something this fall.

So, the search for the right school begins. It would help if we knew exactly where I should be looking. Alas, I can't obsess too much or make too many plans. I just have to wait and see where life takes us. And wherever she ends up, she'll (I'll) make it work.

0 comments: